Syed is an Entrepreneur, Speaker and Presenter with a distinct passion for life; diversity, charity fundraising and building dynamic businesses
Syed is has founded several businesses. He is currently founder and CEO of Savortex LTD. He has also worked in Non-Executive Board Director roles spanning his 15 year business career.
Savortex is an Innovate UK-funded and UKTI backed, multi-award winning British technology company. Syed pioneered a partnership with technology giants Intel® and co-developed the worlds most environmentally advanced and first, Smart-Advertising hand-dryers for corporate facilities.
As the visionary and strategist behind all his ventures, Syed has lead his company through funding rounds, raised Capital in excess of £2m and successfully launched products in the UK, Europe, Asia, and MENA which enabled him to grow the technology start-up to a market valuation of £6m.
“This is Intel’s first foray into the hand drying sector. We are
proud to work with SAVORTEX, co-developing a product
which we can bring to market to drive great customer experiences.”
Rod O’Shea, Intel EMEA IoT Group Director
The company now serves multi-national brands such as British Airways, Shell, Honda, RBS, Rolls Royce to name a few. With over 400 projects now live, Savortex is now ready to transform the sector by supplying Advert Enabled hand-dryers on mass that drive revenue for their Clients through media engagement leading to them becoming the largest digital media provider in corporate washrooms.
Syed is proud of his roots as having been born to hard-working Bangladeshi Parents and brought up in Tower Hamlets, he was Awarded British Bangladeshi Power & Inspire 100 Innovator presented at the Houses Of Parliament. Syed was made Barts NHS Apprenticeships Ambassador for his work with his local community, Innovations Ambassador for the RBS Innovation Gateway, and Awarded English Asian Entrepreneur of the Year 2015 presented by Lloyds Banking Group.
Skills & experience
· Non-Executive Board Director - Extensive experience working closely with Founders and CEOs. Strategic advice on developing new products, manufacturing, creating strategic partnerships, entering new markets, devising new routes to market and marketing strategies.
· TV Presenter & Public Speaker - Syed is a charismatic TV Presenter and Public speaker, talented in distilling and communicating messages with passion. As an entertaining and enthusiastic presenter on the subject of life stories, technology, experiences, business start-ups and fundraising.
· Start-up Capital Fund Raising - Support in developing financial modelling, pitch decks, business plans and winning pitches in addition to securing the capital required.
· Charity fundraiser - Syed actively supports charities and has been a passionate ambassador for raising money for several charities such as Restless beings, Human Appeal, Children Plus, MACMILLAN Cancer Research, Breakthrough Cancer and Water Aid. He has served as a Non- Executive Board Director of Restless Beings, an international human rights organization working with some of the most marginalized communities in the world.
Founder and CEO of SAVORTEX, multi-award winning technology company, pioneered a strategic partnership with Intel, co-developed the World’s first Smart, digital advertising hand dryer.
SAVORTEX was recognised as the "UK's most outstanding hand drying company 2019"
SAVORTEX was recognised as one of the UK’s most innovative and fast growing Cleantech companies - backed by UKTI
· Contestant on BBC’s hit TV Show, The Apprentice series 2
· Presenter of Sky One Documentary, and commentator on Sky Report and Sky News.
· Presenter of Minority Report, an interview style Documentary promoting diversity
· First SAVORTEX hand-dryer manufacturer to achieve a Guinness World Records Title.
· Served as Non-Executive Director of Charity called Restless Being
· Board Director and steering group member, Manufacturers Thought Leadership Network, MSTLN.
· Ambassador, judging panel member and first commercialised success story, RBS Innovation Gateway
· Winner Lloyds Banking Group, English Asian Entrepreneur of the year 2015.
· Awarded British Bangladeshi Power & Inspire 100 Innovator 2015 recognition awarded at the Houses of Parliament.